Interviewing with Open-ended Questions Course
Podcast length : 24 mins. Live Webinar Length : 35 mins
WARNING: Read the CPD info below to learn whether you may earn credit for this course.
WARNING: BC and MB lawyers read the CPD info below about test requirements.
WARNING: Your CPD may be audited. Click here to register so we both have records of your being here.
- Why ask clients questions?
- Are the identified problems the client’s or the lawyer’s?
- What about the concerns of other people and setting precedents in society?
- What are open-ended questions?
- What are examples of open-ended questions?
- The problem of when the client’s tale raises issues outside of the lawyer’s area of practice.
- Can some open-ended questions focus a discussion on a topic?
- How do open-ended questions differ from other types of questions?
- Can open-ended questions be used to direct an interview?
- What are the benefits of open-ended questions?
- What are the detriments of open-ended questions?
- May open-ended questions and other forms be used during the same interview or counseling session?
- When should open-ended questions be used during an interview?
This course was written by: Cory Lewis, B.A., LL.B., LL.M., C.A.E., is a regulatory and commercial attorney with experience in Canadian multi-level marketing and direct selling law, Manitoba real estate, Canadian trade-marks and incorporation since 1985.
If you don't see the accreditation document below or if you can't scroll to read all of it, click here to go to the document.